‘Building citizen-centered anchor facility’
<Phase of implementation>
- (1st Phase) Local residents discovering local community’s asset through idea contests among residents, education and workshop
- (2nd Phase) Creating public space based on newly found local asset
- (3rd Phase) Management of public spaces by direct involvement of citizens such as Community Regeneration Corporation
- (4th Phase) Providing regular workshop and mentoring for sharing know-hows on running public spaces and forging local network.
<Effect of business>
- 'Industrial support', which adds vitality to the locally-special urban industry that declines in downtown areas Public space for ‘Youth Start-ups’ Utilization of public space as ‘History and culture space’ which strengthens local community’s identity and creates resources for tourism Social Overhead Capital for everyday life (local libraries, social-welfare facilities in run-down residential quarters with houses in poor condition) Utilization of public space as a communal workshops in which local-exclusive jobs are created